BUT THAT’S ALSO THE DISTRESSING NEWS.
Every year in the United States approximately 2 million patients develop healthcare-associated infections, from which 100,000 die. Of all patients entering a hospital, 5-10% contract a drug-resistant infection that they did not have prior to admission.
• Studies show that 12% of patients who undergo moderate- to high-risk surgical procedures develop healthcare-associated infections.
• 1.7 million HAIs occur annually in acute care hospitals resulting in 100,000 patient deaths per year.
IF 70% OF HAIs ARE PREVENTABLE, EVEN ONE PATIENT DEATH IS ONE TOO MANY.
Annually, patients in the US are admitted to healthcare facilities for 100’s of millions of procedures involving oral suction. The potential morbidity and mortality is significant and the need for more innovative ways to prevent infection is critical.
SURGICAL SETTINGS ARE AN ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT AREA FOR THE INNOVATION AND EASE OF THE SUCTIONSHIELD.
More than 90% of surgical procedures are attended by anesthesia specialists. During procedures, airways are kept clear using an oral suction tip. Once the oral suction tip has been in the patient’s mouth, it is covered with secretions, which at a minimum contain normal flora and can potentially contain virulent organisms. This tip should never be allowed to touch any person, object or surface to avoid cross-contamination. Current practices have not addressed this issue and there is no oversight by regulatory agencies to make sure safety protocols are in place.
THIS DEVICE WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT INFECTION CONTROL FOREVER.
This disposable holster attaches to virtually any horizontal surface to hold oral suction implements and helps reduce cross contamination and pathogen transmission.
THIS ONE-PIECE DEVICE IS STRONG & FLEXIBLE
AND IT WORKS IN A VARIETY OF SITUATIONS WITH A UNIVERSAL STRAP ATTACHMENT
• Attaches to virtually any horizontal surface, such as an OR table, bedrail or even the ring on the IV pole.
• Isolates secretions and enables air drying because the raised grid at the bottom keeps the suction tip from sitting in secretions.
• For use in the OR, ER, PACU, ICU, Cath Lab, GI Lab or anywhere oral suction is used.
• Also applicable for use in LTAC, SNF and rehab facilities.
• The oval aperture located on the front, reduces suction noise when a small portion of the suction tubing is inserted.
• Is a disposable, single-patient, 24-hour use product.